Translate

Friday 31 October 2014

I Cannot Understand Why This Charity Event does not Inspire Anyone to Participate ?

THUMBS UP for HEROES
The Tale So Far

.......................................................................................

My Event Idea


THUMBS UP for HEROES. - Please support Help for Heroes Official by photographing your Thumbs Up and share it with your friends. 
You can also Help our Heroes by making a Direct Donation via the Bmycharity website above, no matter how small.
I have had to change my Campagne Photo as it was in conflict with the Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal, for which I apologise.
This Photo is with My Hero - My Father (Able Seaman Frank Lomax ) 

who survived WW2 but died young through the dreaded Big C. (he is the person in 

the extreme right hand of the photo (Standing in a Chain Locker) returning from service in the Pacific arena.
The Submarine was HMS Sleuth

Please join us to make this appeal a big success. 
.........................................................................................
The Story Behind the Event.
I originally set up this event when a Facebook Friend posted a new photo of his face Side On. 
I had though of trying an idea in an event called 'Ears for Heroes', so I used his and my photos to kick off the event.
Both of us donated but try as I may I just could not get anyone else interested in Posting their photo and donating.
My comment with the Photo was 'Not a Pretty Sight!' - I need more hair like Richard below.
I posted my Event on both Facebook and on Talk Morgan, a Morgan Car Owners Chat Site.
I then decided to Change the Event to 'Thumbs Up for Heroes'. This was inspired by Christian Nock, a homeless ex Soldier who decided to live the homeless life by Walking right around the Coastal Path of Great Britain.
Christian has raised £182729.00 so far plus a potential £37897.00 in Gift Aid for Help for Heroes. A really http://www.bmycharity.com/christiannock Guy.
http://www.bmycharity.com/christiannock
Christian & his Partner Tracey
Every Time he was Photographed (hundreds of times) he gave a Thumbs Up sign.

This change was more effective in that two TM friends also also donated.
Only yesterday, I received a message from Help for Heroes that because I had included a Poppy, I should fund raise for The Poppy Appeal.
As that was not my point I decided to change the photo to include My Father in his WW2 Submarine as my background and continue my quest for Help for Heroes
Up to the point of writing this Blog Page, not one other person of either the Millions of Facebook users or the rest of the 3862 Talk Morgan Members has participated.
Needless to say, I am most disappointed but such is life!






No comments:

Post a Comment