Translate

Saturday 17 August 2013

Making Sliding Pillar Gaiters for your Morgan


My Upper & Lower Spring Gaiter Set.

http://franks4x4-solograndetour.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/making-new-set-of-morgan-spring-gaitors.html

For those of you who may have followed the original Blog Topic above and may be considering making a set of Gaiters for your Morgan, I have had to add the extra comments below. 

Caveat Emptor


Since fitting the Gaiter Set to my friends 1996 Series 1 Roadster I discovered that the Top Springs on his car are Fatter and Longer than the Springs on either my 2007 4/4 or on my 2009 Roadster 100.

Also his Bump Springs are Slightly Thinner than mine are - This is not a problem as the wrap was increased.

However, while they just about fitted, the Upper Spring Gaiters did not have enough wrap are now being re made 5/8in Longer and 1/2in Fatter.   

Following the drawing above for my car the finished dimensions for his car will now be 8in High and 9,1/2in wide.

The Velcro Pieces will be spaced slightly wider but will be the same distance from the edges as will the Leather Straps.

For those of you who intend to follow either of these Gaiter Designs it will be worth getting down and under with a Tape Measure (as I did originally) and take your own finished measurements before making your patterns.

Happy Fitting,

Best Wishes
Frank & The Green Goddess.

No comments:

Post a Comment